Bulk Texting Upload File Formats
Message lists can be uploaded to the Bulk Messaging page from either Excel or CSV (Comma Separated Values) files.
Files should conform to the following guidelines:
- First Column: Recipient's number
- Second Column: Text message
- No column headers.
- Values can be quoted or unquoted.
- If your message contains commas, enclose the message in quotes, since a CSV file uses a comma separator.
- File extension can be either .txt or .csv
- Use a single worksheet/tab.
- No header row.
Any commonly-used number formatting can be submitted. The following are all acceptable:
- 2135551212, 12135551212, (213)555-1212, 1 (213)555-1212, 213-555-1212, 213.555.1212
- Any commonly-used number formatting can be submitted. The following are all acceptable:
The file will validated to check for missing or invalid numbers, or blank messages. If all data is accurate the "Send" button will be enabled and the messages can be submitted.
There is no limit to the number of messages you can submit in a single batch, however we recommend you break uploads up into batches of 250 messages or fewer per submission. This makes error correction easier.